Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelus marvelus is offline

Default Aircon Question (Slightly O/T)

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:38:00 +0100, wrote:

On 5 Jul,
"Shokka" wrote:

Yes, it's a pain to keep refilling but it works *much* better than
other single hose air conditioners. I'm surprised that other
manufacturers don't use the same method.

My aircon pumps the condensate into a tray below the fan blades which splat
the water over the heat exchanger, acheiving the same result, without having
to fill up with water. I wonder if it increases the liklyhood of propogating
legionella bugs?

The Toshibas use the condensate too but will get through an additional
gallon of water with about 5-6 hours continual use.