Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default DIY store IDJITS!

"Noozer" wrote in
news:s2Rqg.124582$Mn5.30113@pd7tw3no:

We don't have Lowes here but HD and Rona(Canadian). All the fittings
I saw has little sticker attached to it with description and UPC
code. And all the boxes on the shelf holding them are clearly marked
what it contains.

Bahahaha... Have you ever actually checked the contents of these well
marked bins? More often than not they contain a mix of all the stuff
found in that aisle. The smaller the part, the more mixed up it is.

Have you ever watch the customers (no I don't work there) grab something,
look at it then just throw it back wherever?

I was in HD the other day. Woman comes up to me and asks is this what I
have to get to put on top of the tape on the walls to fix it? I don't
know why people keep choosing me to ask stuff. I don't have an orange
thingy on nor wear orange anything. She had a bucket of thinset in her
hand mind you. I'm like no. You need drywall mud. It's over in that
corner of the store against the wall. She bends forward, puts the bucket
on the floor in front of her on the floor in the aisle and walks away
towards where I described. I guess she could have not bent over and just
dropped it.

That's how **** gets mixed up. Think what kind of havoc she would raise
in the plumbing section!

I hope she spent an hour looking for the bucket that said Drywall Mud. If
I had known she was going to just leave that thinset in the aisle where
she stood I would have told her to use roofing cement.