Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Bathroom Caulking

Darrell Dorsey wrote:
"Dottie" wrote in message
oups.com...

We recaulked our bathroom a few months ago and used the kind that says
silicone, mold and mildew resistant, for bathroom and kitchen. It has
already begun to discolor.

What does the discoloration look like? Is it more mold? One thing I
recently learned is that mold many times grows from the inside out out. For
example, from behind the tile which is wet due to failed grout joints.

I am in the midst of a bath room project that had greenboard. There was
always mold growing. The green board was totally soaked behind the tile.

Darrell

I wouldn't panic yet. Mold grows easily behind caulk and will disrupt
the seal if it wasn't clean when the caulk put in. Contractor told me
to clean with straight bleach and let dry before caulking - worked for me.