Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Foam vs Batt insulation when MOLD present

don't quote me, but...... wrote:

SNIP
2. Nail/glue rigid foam board to the concrete walls

SNIP

I just wanted to respond to this part because
I had a similar situation.

Basement block walls to be insulated before remodel
for rec room. I glued 2" foamboard directly to the block.
No vapor barrier needed as the foam provides it.
Then glued drywall directly to the foamboard.

Worked like a charm and is bullet-proof.
A husky teen can run headfirst into the wall and
bounce off without leaving a dent (in the wall).

You do have to get a little creative to embed
utilities behind the wall...

This method isn't for everyone, I'll admit up front,
so skip the flames.
But it *does* work and at very low cost.

Jim