Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data Tech Data is offline

Default Sony KV27V10 Convergence

Dave M. wrote:
"Art" wrote in
:

Suggest geting the service manuel and doing some in-depth studying of
that material before attempting, not a DIY project, IMHO.

That is true. However, I'm looking for the solution for a problem that is
probably not addressed in the manual.

It looks as if I can't ask any questions without being labled an amature.
I used to service TV's for a living.

"Dave M." wrote in message
When this set was purchased, it looked as if all the Sony 27" sets
had poor
convergence in the upper right area of the crt image. I called the
service center about this and they warned me that I would be charged
for the trip to my home if the convergence looked "normal".
Therefore, I let it go.

Today, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a procedure to
remedy the upper right convergence problem as we normally converge
the center of the image?

Thanks,

Dave M.

Ok, saw this last night and wondered, since it's over 10yrs old, has it
gotten worse or is it the same and you finally want to resolve it. I
see two options: 1. Purchase some chevron magnets and tack them on the
bell of the tube where the problem is. Might help, might not. Or, 2.
You have a bad crt. I've pasted a repair log from a major retailer's
service center on that series with that problem:

Sony KV27V22 AA-2 CONVERGENCE KV27V22 serial # 8051260 will not
converge the bottom red green or blue horizontal lines Unit has over 6
permaloy magnetic on the CRT bell in the area of the bottom of the
yoke. This is not a good sign. It is also a rebuilt CRT. We are not
going to place more Permaloy strips on this CRT. It needs replacement.

Sony KV27V40 BA4 CONVERGENCE KV27V40 Unit has vertically skewed
convergence. Center vertical convergence is Skewed with red skewed
counter clockwise by 0.5 inches and blue skewed clockwise by nearly the
..05 inched. Green lines are straight. Problem is caused by a defective
CRT.

www.techdata-kicksass.net