Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

Default preventing short circuits in junction box

John wrote:
Many receptacles or switches have side screws that slightly protrude
outwards, especially after a wire has been screwed on. If you put two such
devices in a junction box, one device's hot could potentially touches the
adjacent one's neutral, touches a bare ground wire, or touches the metal
junction box.

What is the proper way to prevent this from happening?

Like the others have said - It shouldn't happen. We all know that S***
does happen though. I screw down the screws that are not in use. If
handy I may also give a wrap of elec tape.