Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default soldering pipes

I have used them also, found they are not bad especially for difficult
locations, but I still add some of my own solder because there just doesn't
seem to be enough in the fitting to do the job properly and reliably.

"Toller" wrote in message

"Darrell Dorsey" wrote in message
vers.com...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Go to HD and get some of their EZ-Sweat fittings. The solder is
already inside the fitting forming a perfect ring. Just add flux to
your pipe, insert, and heat. Everyone I have used creates a perfect
joint every time and it's a lot easier than doing the solder yourself
(especially in tight spaces).

Funny thing. My dad is a plumber and we just sweated a bunch of joints
in remodeling our bathrooms. We were were talking about how the fitting
with solder in them dont work. When at our local HD, they had all the EZ
Sweat fitting marked down for clearance.

Guess that says they sell a lot of them.

Glad to hear that. I tried some and they are crap.