Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

David Hansen typed

At the moment there may be nothing available for it.

And that is a location where I'd otherwise accept a cfl. Great!

Sorry, I'm not a party politician and so don't bull**** people.

Well, what I mean is that the hall would be right for a cfl. Light
quality is not critical and lamps are on for quite a long time.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the above anyway.
This light fitting takes 3 small globes. Cfls are too long. I need good
illumination as my balance depends on it, due to my MS. Dropping the
light intensity makes me move even more slowly.

I do not intend to change my lounge lamps, though it might be possible.
I'd need to replace 18 * 40w bulbs.

There are usually 5 bulbs lit at any one time.

What sort of bulbs in what sort of fittings?

The lounge is two rooms knocked together. Each room has a central
ceiling fitting which takes 5 standard 40w bulbs, with bayonet caps.
These are switched from the lounge doorway.
Each room also has two wall-mounted fittings, each of which takes 2
standard 40w bulbs; these are switched at the wall and seldom used.

However, to me it sounds like a lot of bulbs in total and lit.

Maybe it does, but I cannot safely enter a poorly lit room and would
hate to sit and read by ghastly cfl light.

I don't have a TV and am careful to switch off lights when I leave a room.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.