Posted to alt.home.repair,cakewalk.coffeehouse
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Skunk problems - YUCK!

In article , sam booka X2 wrote:

In case it sprays...

SKUNK DEODORANT RECIPE

1 Quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

¼ Cup of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)

1 Tsp. Liquid Soap (Dish Detergent)

Mix the above together in a plastic bucket and wash the infected object, be
it human, canine, feline, garage, shed, car basement, etc. Make sure you
keep the solution away from eyes, nose and mouth. The skunk odour should
disappear immediately!

ROTFLMAO!!

This product is fast and safe – and best of all, it works!

Nonsense. Clearly, you're just repeating what you read somewhere, and have
never actually tried this yourself. A few years ago, when our dog was sprayed
by a skunk, we found this *exact* recipe on the net and tried it. It didn't do
a damn thing to reduce the odor. Neither did PetSmart's shampoo that was
"guaranteed" to remove skunk scent. PetSmart gave us a refund on that one.

The old home remedy of a bath in tomato juice actually did cut the odor
substantially --- but the only thing that truly works to remove skunk smell is
TIME.

--
Regards,