Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Wrench set storage

Charlie S. wrote:
I have a set or Craftsman wrenches with both metric and English standard
pieces. It came with a plastic pouch with a divider in the middle. I store
the metric on one side the English standard on the other. Doesn't really
work out all that well. I've mended the bag over the years, but realize
this is not an efficient way to store these wrenches. They fall out; get
mixed together occasionally, and it's difficult to sort them quickly.

Yes, I have a ratchet set, but for some reason I like using the old fashion
wrenches from time to time.

I put the wrench bag in the tool box and go through the same trying process
over and over again. Could use some suggestions as to how to better store
these items.

Have a similar problem with screwdrivers, Phillips vs. straight. Need to
get rid a lot of them. There is too much redundancy.

Maybe one of these dividers:
http://tinyurl.com/q42re

I use the divider racks in my box but remember the canvas roll my dad
used to use when he worked on the Hornet...