Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default remove towel rack fixed to tile wall

1) Check to make sure there is not a set screw under each bracket.
2) If not, gently tap the end piece upward with a rubber mallet. You may
find a bracket has been attached to the tile and the end piece fits over it.

"david" wrote in message

I want to remove a towel rack fixed to my ceramic-tiled bathroom wall.
Photos:

http://members.dslextreme.com/~dmorg...ack/index.html

I can't figure out how to remove it non-destructively. On the other
side of the wall is a closet, where there's drywal I'd have to break
to get a view of the space between the walls and the immediate backing
of the tile. The fixture is old, doesn't want to move in any direction
I try to pull it. Any idea how this thing it attached and how to
unattache it?