Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How to tell if a fence is asbestos

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:01:43 +0100 John wrote :

The contents of skips [loaded with building rubble etc.] are *sorted*?
I thought they were just tipped, in a tip. Along with hundreds of
other such skips. Every day.

Eee ... how things have come on since I were a lad!

Tis true - an intended effect of landfill tax.

But surely nobody 'sorts' a skip of rubble? AIUI the knock-on effect of
landfill tax is that there are now different skips for different types
of rubbish, which have different tariffs at the tip. Certainly my
preferred skip operator asks what I'm going to put in a skip, and by
telling him "builder's rubble" or whatever, I get a price from him which
beats the competition (who give a flat rate regardless of skip content).

David