Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default Loft conversion insulation

So you installed breathable membrane under the tiles and have eves
ventilation that vents up the rafters following the roof slant to the

ridge
tiles. I read that only breathable membrane is sufficient as long as the

is
an air gap of 25mm; and no eves and ridge ventilation is required. The

gaps
between the tiles is enough to take away the water vapour.

Indeed. The ventilation provided is very belt and braces. Personally, I
wouldn't have bothered with most of the vents and just relied on the
breathable membrane. However, I'm certainly not expecting the wood to rot
away any time soon!

Christian.