Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How to tell if a fence is asbestos

John wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

What do you think happens to the contents of skips?

They are emptied and sorted, and if the skip owner finds you have been
hiding potentially dangerous stuff in his skip, he's not going to be
very happy ...

The contents of skips [loaded with building rubble etc.] are *sorted*?
I thought they were just tipped, in a tip. Along with hundreds of other
such skips. Every day.

I don't believe anyone's going to 'sort' a rubble skip; but you may find
somebody official standing watching as it's emptied to check there's
nothing obviously in there which shouldn't be (like, er, asbestos). And
if asbestos turned up, I imagine they'd be down on the skip owner like a
ton of bricks.

Just thought: I've found my perfect post-retirement job: skip sorting:
we can get *paid* for it lads!

How about a binbag sorter, then? Apparently my local council now employ
people to do this... as we are just going over to wheelie bins/recycling
boxes etc, we've applied for a Large Wheelie Bin as our family size
fulfils the criteria for this: so apparently fot at least a month we are
going to have the contents of our binbags gone through with a fine
toothcomb to check there's nothing in there which should be in a
different container. Mm, nice work if you can get it...

David