Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

So what should I do with my hall light fitting?

It takes 3 mini-globe bulbs, which are rather shorter than anything I
saw on lightbulbs direct.

I really would like spectrographic data for lamps; I have no problem
with scientific data!

CCT and CRI are all thats needed. Most cfls are 2700k, but there are a
few 4000k and 6500k too. CRI varies, you need high CRI. Its never
printed on the pack though.

Since I don't want to buy something that makes me feel ill, I won't buy
cfls until I know what they'll emit.

miniature bulbs are the one thing Ive found no acceptable replacment
for. Toolstation do microspirals but theyre not good light quality.
Screwfix candle bulbs are good, but their large size makes them not an
aesthetic replacement for candles or mini globes.

NT