Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

Owain wrote:
wrote:
Owain wrote:
I have CFLs in practically everything, because the appalling design of
this place means I have scarcely any natural light and have to use
electric 16 hours a day even in midsummer. :-(

Ouch. Sounds like suntiles would give you very good ROI,

I don't think "her upstairs" would like my sunpipes passing through her
lounge.

I've used external reflectors to double light levels, even better ROI

I don't think the neighbours, landlord, or conservation officer would
like external reflectors.

Actually, I have an external reflector. It's called the building
opposite and at certain times of the day I have to draw the curtains to
kill the specular reflections off its pebbledash.

An additional window would be nice, but apart from all the above people
who woudln't like it, "them downstairs" might object to me putting
windows through their chimneys concealed within the 30" thick walls.

Owain

oh yes, people :/

Only thing left I can think of is running a light duct between
floorboards, but if its exposed beams you cant do that either. I asume
fibre optics to be impractical.

NT