Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SCART socket damaged

In article .com,
TENISTA wrote:
Ok, I am going to try finding a kind answer.
My s-video cable is DAMAGED. one of the four pins on the SCART broke.
The cable is installed trhought the drywall. HOW DO I REPAIR A DAMAGED
SCART. Can I cut the cable and try to buy another SCART?

Four pins? This is only wired for S-Video - no audio or control lines?

Just fit another plug - they're cheap enough.

Had it been a fully populated SCART it might have been worth just
replacing the damaged pins - if you could find a plug of identical
construction to pinch them from.

--
*Born free - taxed to death *

Dave Plowman London SW