Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default How can I cool my loft?

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:34:36 +0100, Owain wrote
(in article ):

Guy King wrote:
One of the things I sometimes wonder about is why so many UK houses
are built without cellars.

Cost.

I suppose with cellars, most UK houses would then be three-storey and
have all those complicated fire regulations.

Germans et al seem to cope though.

Owain

Apparently they seem to have gone off Italian pizzas, although I'm not sure
what that's about.

However, they needn't worry. Dr Oetker comes to the rescue. If you have
satellite TV, he is regularly there advertising his great products.

http://www.oetker.de/wga/oetker/html...664d7m.de.html

The thing is... if I was looking for really good authentic Italian pizza
cooked lovingly in a woodburning pizza oven, would I immediately think of the
good Dr. Oetker? I'm sure that he's a very nice chap and everything, but
somehow something is missing. It all looks reasonable on paper and I am
sure that it's wonderfully hygienic but it doesn't quite do it for me.

I have it on good authority that his next marketing masterpiece is the
compact fluorescent light bulb.