Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Rats! a tail of woe, probably pointless

Ray wrote:

The buggers have destroyed wiring beneath the floors. A major problem for
me is that 22 years ago I laid 1.25inch thick pitch pine block flooring
over 2/3rds of the ground floor. Most of the underfloor is now inaccessible
and the whole house needs rewiring. I know its overdue for rewiring but it
would break my heart to rip this wonderful floor up.
Rats!

You could simply abandon the wiring under the floor and do all the new
wiring under the first floor ceiling, with drops down the walls in
chases to the downstairs sockets. Much the same as most modern places
with concrete ground floors are wired.

--
Cheers,

John.