Richard Faulkner

Default Slow builder - how to speed him up?

In article , David
Green writes
Please can anyone help restore my sanity?

We are over six months into building an extension to our home. The
small local builder we engaged to do the job said it would be finished
in 5 months, and signed a contract to that effect.

You could sack him, and get someone else to complete it.

I am guessing that the contract did not specify penalties for exceeding
the 5 months. If not, you might be able to suggest appropriate damages
for the delay and make it clear that these will be imposed. He may sue
you, and you would have to be reasonably sure you would win. Perhaps
take a solicitor and barristers advice and opinion.

--
Richard Faulkner