Posted to uk.d-i-y
zaax zaax is offline

Default Central heating boilers. What make?

Andy Hall said

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 01:09:58 +0100, zaax wrote
(in article ):

Willi said

Hello
This is probably an imposable question to answer, but I'll ask

anyway. I will be moving to a house that has no central heating
(apart from warm air which I will be taking out). What I was
needing to know is, What is a decent make of boiler these days? I
was thinking along the lines of Potterton/Ideal/Glow worm? I will
be looking for wall hung, condensing, good efficiency. Not Combi,
for a 4 bedroom house. vented fully pumped system. Any clue to a
good make/model/range to start looking at. I think I would be
prepared to spend about #1000 for a good reliable boiler.
Regards, Will

Under the sales of goods act I would suggest that any fridge should
last 6 years at least. So I would expect the same from boilers.
So as a corgi tradesman has to put it in I would buy it off him and
blaim him if it goes wrong.

The Sale of Goods Act does not say that an item should last for 6
years.

There is a statutory period of 6 years (statute of limitations) for
recourse to the supplier if there is a problem with goods or services
purchased. It does not guarantee in any way that the supplier will
do anything about it. For that purpose, if it eventually becomes a
court matter, a test of reasonableness will be applied.

Recourse to the seller.

I would suggest that it would be reasonable for a professionally
installed system to last at six years.

--
zaax