Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Showers & water pressure

Andrew Baker wrote:
In article , cmcardle75
@nospam.yahooxxxx.co.uk says...

However, 0.5 bar is unacceptable for a shower in my opinion, although it is
fine for a bath if the flow rate is acceptable. It will also drop
dramatically when the flow rises. I would install a pump.

Can I do that, though, given the cold isn't tanked? (I can't pump mains
cold & pumps seem to all be dual hot&cold?) Plus, I presume that would
mean running a direct feed back to the tank, which is a pain. (Yes -
much better in terms of flow etc, but a pain..)

The current (upstairs) shower isn't pumped and is actually quite good..

Then you may well be all mains pressure.

I header tank in the roof is just about capable of running a ground
floor shower in a 2 storey building..but you need more than the 4-6ft
head from a tank in the roof to an upstairs shower..