Posted to alt.home.repair
steve steve is offline

Default DIY store IDJITS!

I gotta ask, do they have a mandatory IQ test to get a job at Lowes or
Home Depot?? I]m guessing they do, and if you do not come in , in the
bottom 10% no job for you.
( Apologies to DIY store folks reading who actually know what they are
doing)

During a big remodel project, I send the wife to Lowes to get either a
reducing T (3/4-3/4 to 1/2" CPVC) or a reducing bushing, or a reducing
coupling. I need probably 20 of these. Well, the wife who is pretty
astute with most aspects of DIY stuff except plumbing............comes
back with a bag full of stuff NOT my 1st choice of the reducing T's but
stuff that will get me from 3/4 to 1/2".

Being in the middle of anther aspect of the remodel I shelved the bag
to use later. Well, last nite is "later" I got the bag out, opened it
up.............much to my surprise/dismay.........the bag is full of
1"-3/4 " reducing stuff.

Now, I distinctly remember the wife calling to ask specific sizes when
the Lowes idjit was trying to put the needed plumbing bits together,
she had specifically asked for 3/4" to 1/2" reducing stuff, had showed
the idjit the sizes , and even the drawing in her notebook........and
he kept assuring her that what he put together was what she needed.

I just have to wonder........"WHY" ? Why would the idjit do that,
unless he was simply.............an Idjit? This wasn't a kid either, it
was an adult middle aged man. Of course, I guess I just answered my own
question right?? If he is working at Lowes at 45-50 years

Ok, sorry to blow off, but this is not the 1st time this has happened
at the big 2 DIY stores ( both of which are a 35 mile round trip from
me).

I guess my own intelligence should be questioned too, as far as why I
keep going there.

Oh well
Take care ya'll
Steve