Posted to rec.woodworking
Boyd Rollins Boyd Rollins is offline

Default Large pieces of wood

Good advice, all. Thank you for writing back. Boyd

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Try NewsGroups: rec.music.makers.builders, rec.music.makers.bowed-strings.
Also try The Musical Instrument Makers Forum: http://www.mimf.com/ In case
you haven't done a Google search, here's a start:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...olin+OR+fiddle

David Merrill

"Boyd Rollins" wrote in message
m...
snip...

It's gotten my interest such that I would like to make one....or two, or

three until I finally
get it right. My mistakes can be sold/given/donated to the local middle

school assuming they are
not hideously screwed up and moderately playable. Will I ever make one

good enough? Not likely,
but hey, I think it'd be fun....hence, the draw to try it. Do you realize

how -few- bass luthiers
there are out there? Damn few. With 3 year waiting lists. Big market for

the ambitious and
skillful.