Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I cut my own hair - my shower drain is blocked. How to unblock?

Frank Erskine wrote:
On 4 Jul 2006 03:50:33 -0700, had this to say:

wrote:
My hair is very thick . It grows very fast. I have to get it cut every
3-4 weeks...

spammy stuff snipped

But it is messy. I have hair all over my bathroom floor and I think my
shower drain is blocked (not totally blocked) but the water doesn't go
down as fast (anyone know how I can unblock it? should i just get a
plunger?)

Strong sulphuric acid or HCl, aka brick acid.

Caustic soda would be much more effective on organic stuff such as
hair.

It's a tough call. Caustic takes the fats out, which helps loosen, but
hair itself is remarkably resistant to caustic.

A strong dose of both, one after the other, is probably the best approach.