Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Loft conversion insulation

"Hugo Nebula" abuse@localhost wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:46:05 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named "Dave
Rowell" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

We're having a loft conversion done - work starts tomorrow - and I'm
wondering about upgrading the roof insulation they've specified. They use
TriIso9 as standard, and it could be upgraded by adding 50mm of cellotex
between the rafters . This would reduce the U-value of the roof from 0.25
0.15 according to the engineer. Cost of the upgrade would be £630 - ouch!

Check with your local Building Control about Tri-Iso 9 or 10 (& other
'multi-foil' insulation). There's been a lot of chatter in the last
few weeks about whether they have anywhere near the insulation value
they claim. As a result, my Council has stopped accepting it until
something is resolved.

See this:

http://tinyurl.com/s6c2p