Posted to sci.electronics.repair
machinesmith machinesmith is offline

Default Help with a chip

Hi Guys,
I have a problem and I hope that somebody might be able to help. I have a
bios chip I need to be copied because I can no longer get the bios. Its out
of a MIPS computer. Once the chip is copied i want it to be placed on
another identical board.
The markings on the chip are
Samsung 404
K9F5608U0B
YIB0

I found a page with a detailed description he
http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/pa...K9F5608U0B.php

A picture of the chip is he
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1671/00058804kk.jpg

My questions are, can this be done? (the chip copied?) are they a write one
chip or can they be written multiple times? (I ask because if the one from
the new board cant be overwritten I may need to buy some blank ones)
What sort of money would I be looking at to have the chip copied? or is this
something I can do myself with a programmer I can buy?

Cheers guys!