Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rats! a tail of woe, probably pointless

Ray wrote:

The old place has recently suffered a quite severe infestation of rats.

The buggers have destroyed wiring beneath the floors. A major problem for
me is that 22 years ago I laid 1.25inch thick pitch pine block flooring
over 2/3rds of the ground floor. Most of the underfloor is now inaccessible
and the whole house needs rewiring. I know its overdue for rewiring but it
would break my heart to rip this wonderful floor up.
Rats!

I cant think of any need to pull the floor up to rewire. Wires can go
in walls, in skirting board if capped, and so on. Keep your floors. If
the damaged wiring still conducts it can be left there, the ends of
each cable clearly marked to avoid confusion, and is available for
future use for low voltage uses, phones, or more likely nothing.

NT