Posted to uk.d-i-y
Howard Neil Howard Neil is offline

Default Rats! a tail of woe, probably pointless

Ray wrote:

The buggers have destroyed wiring beneath the floors. A major problem for
me is that 22 years ago I laid 1.25inch thick pitch pine block flooring
over 2/3rds of the ground floor. Most of the underfloor is now inaccessible
and the whole house needs rewiring. I know its overdue for rewiring but it
would break my heart to rip this wonderful floor up.

Just a thought (I don't know how this will square with wiring regs), how
about routing a channel in the flooring, a short distance from each
wall? Lay the wiring in the channel and cap with strips of wood. These
strips could either be a close colour match or even a contrasting colour
and be made to look as if part of the original design. If you want the
floor level, the strips could be glued into the channel and planed
level. If you want future access, you could screw down a strip that is
wider than the channel.

--
Howard Neil