Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How to deal with flea in carpet?

clipped

BORAX is a laundry booster,BORIC ACID is the bug-killer.
They are different chemicals.

Boric acid has medicinal uses, as well (eye wash, douche, etc.). It is
relatively non-toxic to humans, but, then, water can be toxic if taken
in too great amounts. For some insects, at least, I believe it is the
crystals' physical properties, not chemical, that kill the bugs. Or
larvae ... ? Our vet recommended using it to treat carpets for fleas,
but the cat's topical stuff did the trick. Sprinkled into the carpet
and worked in should not cause it to be airborne unless someone beats on
the carpet. Wouldn't let the baby crawl on it, but fleas don't help
babies much either.