Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Yamaha R-50 receiver failed

"Michael Ware" wrote in message

"g. beat " @spam protected wrote in message

thanks for that - since I did not have a schematic. Loss of the IC is
one
possible scenario - but not the only one - you really don't know --- no

one
knows until actual diagnose. (can't start behaving like the medical
doctors - "He's dead - Jim"!)

gb

Well since you have a schematic now, I would grab my multimeter and start
checking output voltages of the tranformer(s). Some have multiple
windings,
you may be getting 28v for panel lights etc. but no power to any of the
other circuits.

When the (no longer available) output IC is confirmed bad, I'll expect
acknowledgement. I've worked on enough of these to know, and that's my
prediction.

Mark Z.