BigWallop

Default thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles?

"Chris Nellist" wrote in
message ...
Hi, I'd be grateful for advice as to what kind of wood I would need (and
where to get it) for making tiles for a game. They have got to be about
3.5 mm thick and would be similar to shop-bought tiles I have got, e.g.
in the shape of half a 35mm square cut along the diagonal. The ones I
have got are very strong, I've had them decades and never broken one - you
would really need to 'give it some' if you wanted to snap one! I am not
sure what kind of wood they are, whatever it is it's quite lightweight.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Are you sure they are wood and not resin cast to shape in wooden mould which
would give the surface a wood effect finish. Something like this stuff:

http://www.hobbicraft.co.uk/acatalog...e_Resin_9.html

which is used for modelling and craft works. It is light weight and can be
coloured to any shade or effect you need.