Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak Tournifreak is offline

Default Sun tile or sun pipe?

Quiggles wrote:
I need to introduce a source of light into an otherwise dingy hall -
without resorting to leaving lights on all day.

As far as I can see there are 2 options the Monodraught sun pipe -
http://www.sunpipe.co.uk/sunpipe/domestic/index.php and the Suntile sun
tile (!) http://www.suntileuk.com/home.php.

I had a look at both at the Grand Designs show in London and of course
the sun pipe appears to be much more sturdily built but has a price to
match.

Does anyone in here have any strong thoughts on either route or have
any other suggestions?

I can recommend the SunPipe. Not used the SunTile though. We had a
sunpipe fitted as part of our extension about 6 months ago. It's
fantastic. Seems well made and is relatively easy to fit. In bright
sunshine, our landing is like being outdoors! Even in cloudy February
it's plenty bright enough to see by.

Jon.