Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:52:37 +0100, Owain wrote
(in article ):

Andy Hall wrote:
I am fortunate not to have any of these lamps, but were I to purchase a new
house, one of the first tasks would be to consign them to the skip where
they
belong

Please freecycle them in my direction :-)

Ah but would you want all the glass and mercury?

I have a much better recycling story. I decided that I wanted to have
some water storage for plant watering. I didn't want one of these plastic
tolies, so found a supplier of "second user" oak barrels. What a find.
There was still a good 2-3 litres of an attractive smelling amber liquid in
the bottom. I poured it out and filtered it, saving it for future
investigation.

and to replace them with lighting of my choice and not that of the
government.

I have CFLs in practically everything, because the appalling design of
this place means I have scarcely any natural light and have to use
electric 16 hours a day even in midsummer. :-(

I did suggest not leaving gogledd Cymru........

At least the natives are friendly....