Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Controlling temperature of water in radiators.

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 19:04:06 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Anode" wrote in message
news
Is there some setup of a wet central heating system that will let
radiators be warm most of the time, and not cycling between over-hot and
over-cold, as mine are now?

At present I have a 15years old gas fired non-modulating boiler with a
pumped, vented, system, controlled by a wall thermostat. The controls on
this system will not avoid radiators that are either on and far too hot,
or off.

Thus the radiators cycle between being much hotter than is needed for
just
compensating for heat losses from the rooms, producing unpleasantly hot
air around the radiators, and then cycling to a period of being colder
than they need to be.

Is there any setup that would give me the necessary heat output but in a
more balanced way, so the radiators will be on for longer but at an
appropriately lower temperature, with the period in the cycle when the
radiators are off being correspondingly much reduced?

As the age of the boiler is such that it could well be replaced, what
kind
of setup should I be considering?

Get a heat bank (thermal store). Heated by a Glow Worm condensing boiler
(excellent and cheap enough. Rebadged Vaillants). The heat bank to have
two
cylinder stats to eliminate boiler cycling.

Unnecessarily complicated.

snip misinformation by Matt

Matt, you know you know nothing about this sort of thing.