Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave H. Dave H. is offline

Default DIY Loft Conversion Help

"Brano" wrote in message
oups.com...
Firstly Thanks everyone for your posts.

Just to answer few queries he

I have contacted the council and they have basically say that I can do
either an application with submiting the plans or without submiting the
plans just a notice of building or something like that both are going
to cost me 180 GBP

Dave H. :

The adjoining part of the house I believe that there is a load bearing
wall between my house and neighbours house and that the big big timber
structures are on both sides of it so I will only be working with mine
ones not the neighbours...

NO, its between the properties and shared, it's a PARTY WALL and you need to
comply with the Party Wall Act - you'll need a legal agreement from your
neighbours to do anything that impinges on the wall or the attached
structure - please believe me, I have to get agreement from neighbours in
order to convert my loft, as despite the wall between properties being the
demarcation, it's a party wall because we both have it as our boundary.

Dave H,
(The engineer formerly known as Homeless)