Posted to alt.home.repair
Curly Sue Curly Sue is offline

Default AC Energy Saver mode

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:27:52 GMT, yourname wrote:

Curly
After reading the responses, I assume that it doesn't make such a big
difference.

Thanks.
Sue(tm)

Once the room is at a stable temp, it can make quite a difference. At
work I switch it ot energy save node at night, and find that it results
in a few degrees higher real temp. It is great for when youare not
there, it saves power[since if the room is not hot, the ac is off] but
keeps the palce decent for when you return. Say you were leaving for 2
days, turn the a/c to paoer saver and leave at 80 degrees, that way the
room will be dehumidified and reasonable for when you come back, but if
it isn't really hot out it won't run at all.

What a great use for that feature! I was wondering what to do when
I'm away in the hot weather, particularly for the cats. Of course,
they can hide out in the basement but I worry And it will be nice
not to come back to a sauna.

Thanks for the idea.
Sue(tm)