Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default How to deal with flea in carpet?

"Ether Jones" wrote in
oups.com:

ibmtech wrote:

I sprinkle borax power on the carpet we leave it overnight and vac
the next day

Borax is NOT a safe benign chemical.

Borax can be absorbed through the skin and lungs and cause severe
abdominable cramping and gastric disturbances in susceptible
individuals. No kidding.

When you vacuum the carpet, a lot of the powder goes right through the
filter bag and becomes airborn in a fine dust which penetrates deeply
into your lungs.

Open the windows on a breezy day and wear an appropriate respirator.

Well,first,to kill bugs,you want BORIC ACID,not "Borax",the laundry
booster;they are two different chemicals.

I would not dust my carpet with either of them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik