Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan HeatMan is offline

Default Decyphering AC Tons from model #

"Al Moran" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:22:12 -0400, "HeatMan"
wrote:

"Al Moran" wrote in message
news
On 2 Jul 2006 10:09:09 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the help guys.
It most definitely is a UACB056JAS. I can read it clear as a bell
right on the plate. And 56,000BTUs sounds about right. This house
is about 3500 Sqft. The gas furnace part is 150,000BTUs, which RUUD
actually had the sense to put right on the plate.

If any of the other ratings from the condenser would help confirm, it
also says:

Compressor RLA 32.2/30.8 LRA 180

42/41 Amps

Unit charge 93oz R22

Your system is four and a half tons.

No one makes a four and a half ton unit....

Whatever. 56,000 is four and a half tons.

Okay.

I do some Rheem stuff. What would be a RAKA-037? Rheem calls it a 3 ton,
even though the model says 37K Btu's.

Stick with harassing homeowners that think you know stuff.