Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aenewhouse@gmail.com is offline

Default AC Energy Saver mode

RichK wrote:
Not sure what the desiners meant by energy saver mode in your unit. Any
description in the User Manual? Or is it in Chinese?

At least on my (smaller) Kenmore window unit, the energy saver mode
means the fan only runs when the compressor is running. This means the
whole thing turns off each time the compressor cycle is done, so maybe
it sounds like it is taking shorter cycles. I would think the
compressor would use a vast majority of the energy, and that running
the fan between cycles might make a small difference. I usually use
the energy saver mode on the AC, but keep the ceiling fan on low to
circulate air - I prefer this combination to the regular mode AC.
Good luck,
Andy