Posted to rec.woodworking
javelin javelin is offline

Default Dewalt Planer jammed

Thank you for the advice. I do have the manual. However, could you give
me some hints as to what must be done? Maybe I can do it on my own. I
hate to wait on "eternal hold", and tech support lines are known for
this.

Thanks again, Lew.

Lew Hodgett wrote:
javelin wrote:
I closed up my house up north for 2 years, and then came back to do
repairs. Another year went by before I got to unpack my Dewalt DW733
planer. I discovered 2 problems:

1: The head lock wouldn't lock
2: The head could not be moved up or down (the crank was ineffective).

snip

Call DeWalt, they will walk you thru the fix.

Had the same problem.

You remove some parts and throw them away.

Hope you still have the manual.

Makes life easier.

Lew