Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Hair clipper

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent brand for DIY hair trimming? There seem
to be so many on the market from a few pounds upwards. Preferably one
which doesn't need the blades oiling.

I use scissors.

You must have great skills if it produces a good crop. But difficult to do
to yourself?

Not paticularly. I wet my hair, stand in front of a mirror, pull a chunk of
hair at right angles to my scalp and cut it to a certain length (usually
about 1" so that I don't have to do it frequently). Then I pull up another
chunk and cut it to the same length and so on, all the way round.

Then I wash my hair and comb it.

Nobody's ever said that it frightened them, in fact I get quite a lot of
compliments.

Of course, I don't have to look at it :-)

Mary