Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell David Sewell is offline

Default Digital sat receiver colour problem

Hi,
I have a Silvercrest SL65 satellite receiver, the one Lidl's sell regular,
german origin I believe. When first switched on it is fine, but after a
couple of minutes it will lose the red. Switching off and on will return
the red but only for another couple of minutes. If the receiver is left on
the red come back and stay, and that is the way it been behaving a fair
while now.
I used to repair tv's along while back. But I still have a fair amount of
test equipment etc. What please could be this problem? I was thinking is it
more like quartz crystal playing up?
Help needed and appreciated thank you.

David