Posted to rec.woodworking
David F. Eisan David F. Eisan is offline

Default Brought home my Rockwell 6"x48" belt , 12" disk sander home.... (w/pics)

I finally brought home my Delta/Rockwell sander,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander1a.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander2a.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/sander3a.jpg

The motor was a 3450 RPM 3 phase motor and I could not easily find the motor
I wanted in 3450 RPM single phase. I decided on a 1.5HP 1725 RPM Leeson cap
start cap run motor with a manual reset overload. This required a larger
pulley but was not a problem to source.

I will be mounting the new mag starter inside the stand and using the
original remote on/off buttons.

I could probably just switch the motor and start using the machine, but I am
going to tear it down and paint it, replace the bearings, etc.

I was hoping for an older one, but 6 years is a long enough time to be
looking...

David.