Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On 02 Jul 2006 23:13:10 GMT someone who may be
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote this:-

I found an EU survey on adoption a year or so back, which
broadly agreed. Number one reason given for not using them
was not fitting in lampshades/lightfittings people want to
use or already have.

Lamps like the following are much the same size as GLS lamps
http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/pro....asp?ProdID=75

There are also candle bulbs and spotlights
http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/pro...asp?ProdID=105
http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=3680

In the past energy saving lamps would not fit in some fittings, but
I doubt if there are many such fittings now. I recently helped a
member of the family fit them in bulkhead lights which wouldn't take
any styles of compact fluorescent bulbs before.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh