Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Woodpecker holes and painting

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
Our large two-story house in Western Washington needs a new coat of
outdoor paint. Today we noticed that the wood siding has quite a few
roundish holes, which are quite noticeable. Having heard woodpeckers
pecking away before, I am assuming that those are woodpecker holes. Do
painting companies usually caulk any holes before they paint the outside
of a house? Or does the home owner have to do it? Thanks for any
advice/suggestions.

Just a note of interest. Out house is sided with T1-11 and the w.peckers
find the inevitable voides between the plys and assume it's an insect
infestaton. We have their holes in 4' wide rows here and there.