Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

Default Mansfield toilet: incomplete flush

I consider that a feature, depress the handle once for liquids and hold it
down longer for solids.

"Tod DeBie" wrote in message
. ..
I am getting incomplete flushes on my Mansfield 1.6gpf toilet. The float
valve drops after only a few seconds. When I take the cover off and watch
a flush, it only lets out about 10% of the water before the float valve
drops and stops the flush. There does not seem to be anything pulling down
on the valve. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

The water level is set properly and I have the supply water valve open all
the way.

Tod