Posted to rec.woodworking
javelin javelin is offline

Default Dewalt Planer jammed

I closed up my house up north for 2 years, and then came back to do
repairs. Another year went by before I got to unpack my Dewalt DW733
planer. I discovered 2 problems:

1: The head lock wouldn't lock
2: The head could not be moved up or down (the crank was ineffective).

The head lock problem was resolved with some mariner's jelly and WD40.
The head raising/lowering issue is still a big issue. I managed to sand
off the 4 guide posts that it slides on enough to clear the path, but
it still won't move past 1/4" up or down. Half a can of liquid wrench
and lot's of tapping on the part where the head is joined to the guide
posts, but still nothing. This stinks. Do I need a pro, or can anyone
suggest anything further?

Thanks for your advice. Boy am I needing it.