Chris Nellist

Default thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles?

Hi, I'd be grateful for advice as to what kind of wood I would need (and
where to get it) for making tiles for a game. They have got to be about
3.5 mm thick and would be similar to shop-bought tiles I have got, e.g.
in the shape of half a 35mm square cut along the diagonal. The ones I
have got are very strong, I've had them decades and never broken one - you
would really need to 'give it some' if you wanted to snap one! I am not
sure what kind of wood they are, whatever it is it's quite lightweight.

Thanks in advance,

Chris