Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How can I cool my loft?

mentalguy2004 wrote:
I have an extremely hot loft, which is keeping the top half of my house hot
as well. I'm running 2 large air conditioners upstairs, but the heat isn't
escaping through the loft which is at least 10 degrees hotter. Downstairs is
around 5-6 degrees cooler than upstairs.

I don't have a loft skylight (nor the will or cash to install one), so does
anyone have any ideas on how to cool the loft so that I can get rid of some
heat upstairs?

Thanks!

1. you need lots of loft ventilation.
2. more loft insulaiton would help
3. ventilating the house well during the night only would also help
significantly.

Switch off the ac, there are far better ways to cool a house with that
much dosh.

NT